Friday, December 21, 2012

of lucky charms and notting hills

I live in Cebu City, Philippines and there's this part of the city where things are sold very cheap yet one can find many things that are very easy to love. Colon. Once, my family was watching the movie, Notting Hill. My father said that Colon is comparable to that. According to history, interestingly, this street is the oldest street in the Philippines and was founded by the Spaniards who first came to Cebu.

As I was heading for the place where I can ride a jeepney to leave the place, my friend and I passed by a display of accessories. We already passed by but when we caught a glimpse of the display from hindsight, we stopped in our tracks and went back. All unplanned and coincidental. So we asked the guy who was selling and asked him what those accessories were supposed to be. Then, the guy went on saying that the pendants have meanings.

My friend bought the one that meant balance in life. I bought the one that the guy said was a lucky charm. I chose it because the hand looks very intricate and as an artist, I can appreciate hard work and craftsmanship. The guy said it takes him 3 hours to finish two. AND I only bought it for 50 pesos (more or less $1) It was very cheap considering it's handcrafted.

I don't believe in lucky charms. I believe in divine intervention. But somehow, since I began wearing the necklace, I am reminded of the good things happening in my life. I began to recognize the "good luck" when it happens. I know they are blessings and are not brought by my "lucky charm" but because of that lucky charm, I see the good stuff and not recognize those otherwise :)



Actually, the hand looks a bit creepy but I like it :>

sorry for the poor quality pics. these were only taken using my phone camera..


:)

1 comment:

  1. hala noh handcrafted man jud diay na sah, niya barato pa..

    char ka

    ReplyDelete