Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Post ^^

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

As Filipinos, Christmas is really a huge thing here. Christmas decorations are put up to add to the holiday spirits. Again, I will proclaim my laziness haha. We have a six feet Christmas tree but lazy as me and my sisters are, we didn't get the tree from the basement to assemble it in the living room. We didn't want what happened last time to happen again. The last time I remembered we put up that tree for Christmas, the tree went down in February or March. HAHAHA. Indeed, we are lazy.

So this year, we decided to get twigs outside the house and assemble it into a tree. We haven't decided yet if we're gonna throw it away after because if we'll gonna keep it, next year, the tree is already made. No more assembly needed since the twigs are permanently glued. :D


 My sisters posing beside the tree

My sisters provided the little things hanging on the leafless Christmas tree :D We also didn't bother to get the Christmas tree decors from our old tree. It's a hassle to find things in the bodega (storage room) hehe. lazy.

My youngest sister also made an origami of the Nativity scene. She also made that small Christmas tree made of a folded magazine (from the previous picture)

while making the tree
First, I used a long twig as a base for the "branches". Then, shorter twigs were positioned along the long twig to become the branches. I used thread to attach the shoerter twig to the base twig. For reinforcements, you can use glue to make sure it would stay in place. I used Greco 888 (cyanoacrylate adhesive)


It's easier if two people to make this tree. One will hold the twig in place while the other would wind around the thread to secure it. I'm just alone in the picture because my sister who was helping took the picture.


I think I made this post too late. Readers could have done the same to decorate their place for the holidays. Well, there's next year. teehee :D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment