Sunday, February 24, 2013

Somewhere Over The Rainbow


February 16, 2013 was Otalufest VI held in my dear alma mater UP Cebu. I make it a point to really join this event because it is a rare opportunity. Not all college students are given this chance. Usahay ra gyud ka makakitag eskwelahan nga nag-encourage sa mga estudyante magcosplay XD

In high school, I belonged to a circle of friends who call themselves otakus (anime nerds?). I was slitghtly influenced. I watched a few animes during high school due to their influence. I wached Bleach, Naruto, Prince of Tennis, La Corda d'oro, Cardcaptor Sakura, Ouran and Shugo Chara. Very few, right? But this little background I have got me more enthusiastic into cosplaying than "normal" people.

But this year, my diva friends decided to cosplay Wizard of Oz, not really an anime but I don't know why they decided to do this. I was just told I'd be ( tentenenen!) Dorothy. :D I obliged even when I didn't really know why. They said I fit the part. They said.

We planned to do a cyberpunk cosplay of the story's main characters. We lacked time to make bongga (grand) costumes even when we decided on this last summer. Oh the effects of procrastination! :DDD
But still, we ended up with uber duper nice outfits anyways :D *u*

In case you're wondering, if you've heard of the material, rubber foam, then, you'd know how precious it is to costume-makers like us. Look at the War Machine costume among the pictures below. It was made of rubber foam! My friend Shari blogged the first time we encountered this material in one of projects in class. http://oishari.blogspot.com/2012/12/crazy-hats.html

Me as Dorothy. I even had a real dog cosplay Toto :3

Sabina Espina as the Lion, me, Shari Paclipan as the Scarecrow, Andrea Evarientos as the Tinman


With some of our friends.. therefore, posing was not obligatory HAHA
Awesome cosplay of war machine! Woah!
Some other classmates cosplayed the fairytale, Peterpan
 :) very cute!
Another classmate cosplayed as the female version of Pinocchio. Cutee ^^
Many people took pictures with us. Many had their pictures taken near the dog. Basically, the dog was the star of the show! :D

For more pictures form our "photoshoot"(like the first one), visit Shari's blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment